Community Group Guidelines
Thanks for participating in NRHA's community discussion groups. To ensure the best possible experience for all NRHA members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining NRHA and using NRHA Connect, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve discussions for topics relevant to the community and medium.
This community is designed to allow NRHA members to solicit the advice of peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing discussions. Questions about NRHA Connect should be directed to our Member Services department. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our front desk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the rules below. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NRHA reserves the right to moderate posts for specific discussion groups and members and to suspend or terminate membership for members who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Don't post commercial messages to any individual or EGroup.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a EGroup message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that NRHA and its participating members have the right to reproduce postings to this EGroup.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NRHA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Include, value and trust each other. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other.
Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the EGroup. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
These community groups are provided as a service of NRHA for association members. NRHA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NRHA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NRHA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NRHA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NRHA and association members the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NRHA does not actively monitor the entire site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to NRHA’s attention, the association will take all appropriate action.
NRHA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.